The first burn of your candle is the most important. Correctly burning your candle will help ensure you get the most out of your candle.
- We recommend you keep the wick trimmed to approximately 4.8mm above the wax before the first light. This will ensure your candle gets the correct amount of flame and heat. Too much wick could see it curl and set in your wax once it has been lit and your wax cools. This can cause issues for you next time you go to light and can result in your candle being unable to light.
- a long wick can also cause black smoke
- On first light, make sure you burn your candle long enough for the wax to melt right to edges of the candle jar. Candles have a memory and doing this will help to make sure the wax doesn't tunnel down the centre of the container.
Candles give off black smoke when the wick is too long, the candle is too hot, the candle is dirty or it has been burning too long.
We recommend you trim your wick after every use and ensure that it is used in a clean, well-ventilated area. Always use a snuffer to put candle out.
When burning your candle you want to make sure that it is not lit for more that 4-5 hours, otherwise your ceramic/glass can overheat. Overheating your candle can cause your candle to melt quicker in the jar which will lead to your candle not lasting as long as the suggested time frame. Please be careful while using your candle, as constant use and overheating could cause the jar to become very hot and may even cause the ceramic/glass to become fragile and possible cracking may occur.
No worries, soy wax is very sensitive. If exposed to fluctuating changes in temperatures this can cause the natural oils within the wax and the added fragrance to seperate. This will make the candle appear as if it is sweating. Sweating does not impact the quality of your candle or its scent. Just wipe excess oil off with a tissue or paper towel and light your candle and enjoy!